Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hana Trip

Since I've traveled so much in the past 2 weeks, I thought I'd break it up into two posts.  So here's pics from my Hana, Maui trip!  I don't really know what to say except that it was AWESOME.  We were there for my fellowship and we talked to people in the community about their community-based marine resource management.  The people were so warm and caring (but were also definitely concerned about the depletion of their resources from overuse and overfishing, as well as concerned about disrespect for their places and ways of life). It was definitely a trip I'll never forget :)

Alau Island at Koki Beach

Keanae

Keanae

Koki Beach

Community rescue surfboard at Koki

Muolea

Hana Bay

Hana Park

Kipahulu

Kaupo

Keanae

Keanae

Taro patches in Keanae

Getting fresh water straight out of the mountain for drinking (don't worry, its safe to drink!)

Keanae

Kolea

1 comment:


  1. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!




    HANA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...