Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quickie post

Just a quick post today. I did some watching of Netflix: Kinky Boots was awesome! I already had a fondness for Chiwetel Ejiofor from Love Actually and Four Brothers (that's actually all that I've seen him in... oh and Serenity too) and not that those were all really great movies, but it was easy to see why he is considered by many people to be a great actor. He was both hilarious and endearing in Kinky Boots, and the movie was super entertaining. I give it a 4 out of 5!



Also, here is a book that looks super awesome; The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy: I Link Therefore I am. How could you not love it with a title like that (All you Zelda players understand!) The book is actually a collection of essays, with similarly hilarious yet academic titles such as:
  • "Look before you warp"
  • "Shape shifting and time travel: Link's identity issues"
  • "Hyrule's green and pleasant land: the Minish cap as Utopian ideal."
I was in Barnes and Nobles a while ago when I saw it... and I laughed SO hard the people stocking books came to look at me!

Finally, here is a fun thing to do: I forget where I saw it but it's pretty cool.
  1. Go to Wikipedia and hit random for a random article; the title of the FIRST article that comes up is the name of your super cool band.
  2. Go to a random quotation generator, like this one; from the SECOND quotation that pops up, look at the last 4 or 5 words; this is the title of your album
  3. Go to flickr, and click on "explore the last 7 days" or just click here. The THIRD picture, no matter what it is, is your album cover.
  4. Use photoshop or a similar program to put it all together!
Bang! Now all you need is musical talent, a recording label/ contract and a slew of catchy songs. Here's mine: I imagine we're a crossover punk band from Poland on a global tour that is currently delayed because one of our band mates was arrested for indecent exposure in Madrid.

1 comment:

  1. The band thing is awesome! I may have to try that one out.

    But the Link book wins. I think I need to buy it for my brother. Hooray for children of the 80's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...