Wednesday, January 14, 2009

banned from movie watching


We got Netflix for Christmas and since then we've been catching up on all the movies we haven't been seeing in movie theaters because they are so expensive!  There's so many good things about watching movies at home; you can eat spaghetti while you watch them, you can pause to go to the bathroom, and you can lie on the floor with a pillow and blanket.    Plus, I get the most enjoyment out of movies when I can make mad comments on them... like during the entire movie!  I think this fact makes me a notoriously bad movie watcher. Most times I like interjecting my own dialogue (sometimes I do it in other languages, or using funny voices; more often than not I incorporate obscene material where there really shouldn't be any).  Or I'll ask complicated theoretical questions about the characters and the situations they are facing onscreen, and most times the people I love donÊ»t mind (in fact they usually have some hearty laughs because of my comedic timing and genius).  However, it must get to be too much, because sometimes I am sometimes banned from movies.  My most recent movie ban has been from "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian."  I am not allowed to watch that movie with anyone, and if I do, I must take a vow of silence for the ENTIRE movie.  I think my family was biased though, both my sisters love the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe series, and I've never read them.  So they were a bit touchy I think, and banned me not even half-way through the movie (I think it was when I called "King Henry the Majestic" a "wanker" and Prince Caspian a "toolbag").  But honestly, I wasn't that bad; I tried to restrain myself!  Plus, its just embarrassing.  I mean, how many other 24 year olds do you know who are banned from a PG movie?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I would ban a loved one from that movie too. I kind of love Caspian and his not-so-great accent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...