Thursday, August 21, 2008

Getting moo cards inspired me to make my own business cards, which are currently on their way to me from vistaprint! I know, I know, vistaprint has a reputation for being horrible... but they're so gal-darn cheap- I couldn't help myself! I was originally pricing and making them on Overnightprints which my sister recommended to me; she says they have really great quality for really reasonable prices (vistaprint=really cheap prices, okay quality, possible secret charges/on your credit card). She actually used them for her art show in college on the mainland and was really happy with them. So I spend a few hours in the middle of the night (I had insomnia) and I create a beautiful card (satin matte finish, color on both sides, rounded corners... the rounded corners were what really made me happy) and a really cute address stamp (I've just been handwriting all of my return addresses; it's a drag and a half). But then, when I go to check out and I see that overnightprints only ship using UPS and shipping my order to Hawai`i would cost $46 just for shipping!!! That's almost more than the cost of the cards and the stamp combined! Plus, I'd have to drive to the airport to pick up my package because I live in a secured apartment building. Needless to say I decided vistaprint was worth the risk at 1/2 the price, and only $8 shipping. Honestly, $46 is waaaay too much for shipping, even to Hawai`i considering if they went through USPS and used a flat rate shipping box they would pay $8-$14. Say what you want about the US postal service, but they are my FAVORITE method of shipping ALWAYS!

So here it is, my business card design! Similar to my moo cards, but I thought those turned out great (thanks for all your sweet comments guys!); it has color on both sides, but glossy finish (vistaprint doesn't offer satin matte). I'll let you know how they turn out when I recieve them!


3 comments:

  1. Oooooh- that's adorable! I especially love the sushi pic. I like glossy cards- there's nothing wrong with glossy cards! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! bummer about overnightprints, but I think the card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your business card! It's so colorful and cute. All your creations look great grouped up like that. Wonderful job in creating it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...